After an accident, there are a few simple steps that you should follow to help ensure that you have the best chance at defending your rights against negligent drivers.
Follow these simple steps after an accident:
- Get the name, phone and insurance company of other driver(s)
- Make a note of the color, make and model of other vehicle(s)
- Make a note of the location of the accident, including any side streets
- Take a photograph or draw a diagram of the accident scene
- Get the name of any police officers on the scene
- Get the name and phone numbers of any passengers and/or witnesses
- Notify your insurance company
- File an accident report
- Contact our Nelson County car accident attorneys at McCoy & Sparks, PLLC
No matter what your injuries or the situation behind your accident, seek medical attention and contact McCoy & Sparks, PLLC, or call so we can help get you back on the road as quickly as possible.