Have You Experienced a Vehicular Accident Caused by a Distracted Driver?
You need to get the justice you deserve for being a victim of distracted driving. Distracted driving is negligent and highly dangerous for drivers and passengers on the road. Now that the majority of U.S. drivers have smartphones, distracted driving has become a widespread threat not just for central Kentucky, but for all of the United States.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 3,142 fatal car crashes were caused by distracted drivers in 2019. Additionally, 18% percent of injuries in car accidents were caused by distracted driving, and 16% of all motor vehicle accidents resulted from distracted driving. Driving while distracted by a smartphone, passenger, or another diversion is highly dangerous. A driver only needs to be distracted for a brief moment to cause a deadly accident that can be fatal or cause serious injuries.
Suffering from a car accident is often incredibly expensive. Exorbitant medical bills can ruin your finances and that doesn’t even account for the time you’ll spend in recovery in which you won’t be able to work. With the frightening numbers of crashes caused by the gross negligence of distracted driving, you need to have an expert legal team on your side that can get you the compensation you deserve.
You shouldn’t have to pay costly medical bills for an accident that wasn’t your fault, and that’s why here at McCoy & Sparks injury attorneys, our goal is to investigate and gather evidence to prove who’s at fault in vehicular accidents. If you suffered a car accident that was caused by another person driving distracted at the wheel, you deserve to receive damages for your injuries and for the emotional pain you experienced.
McCoy & Sparks has over 60 years of experience helping people like you receive proper compensation for accidents that were caused by someone else’s negligence. We’ve seen how car accidents can ruin someone’s life physically, emotionally, and financially, and we’re here to help you get through the damages caused by your vehicular motor accident so that you can move forward with your life.
McCoy & Sparks: In Your Town and On Your Team.
- Our office is in Bardstown, and we’re here to help our neighbors in central Kentucky.
- We serve counties all across Kentucky, including but not limited to Anderson, Bullitt, Franklin, Hardin, Jefferson, Hart, LaRue, Marion, Mercer, Nelson, and Washington.
- With over 60 years of experience, we’ve served numerous satisfied clients that received the money they deserved. You can view many testimonials from our happy clients on Facebook, Google Reviews, and other review sites.
“I recently was in an accident. I was recommended McCoy & Sparks Attorneys to handle my case. The best experience I have ever encountered with dealing with an attorney, they were very straightforward, honest, but most of all caring. … If anyone ever needs an attorney, I strongly recommend McCoy & Sparks, they are the best. I want to thank them for handling my case and for fighting for my interest.” – McCoy & Sparks client
Know the Facts About Distracted Driving
Distracted driving has contributed to thousands of vehicular accidents that resulted in serious injuries and deaths. In 2019, Kentucky experienced more than 47,000 accidents that resulted from distracted driving. Out of those crashes, 125 people were killed and more than 14,000 were injured.
According to the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration and Kentucky State Police, around 481,000 Americans use their smartphones and cell phones while driving every day. Distracted drivers will use their smartphones to talk, texting while driving, and scroll the internet with their eyes off the road while operating their vehicles. While the number of drivers using smartphones while driving is already staggering, you should also be aware that there are other common forms of distracted driving that can cause serious car accidents.
Other ways in which drivers may be distracted at the wheel include:
- Eating or drinking
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting a navigation device
- Reaching for something in the floorboard or an adjacent seat
- Talking to passengers
It only takes a second of driving while distracted to cause a serious or even fatal car accident. Drivers need to be entirely focused on operating their vehicles. Every second they spend on a smartphone or engaging with another distraction is putting others at risk of serious injury and death.
Common Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents Caused by Distracted Driving
If you’re hit by a distracted driver, you could suffer from serious injuries and long-term disabilities that can hurt your quality of life.
Common injuries that result from vehicular accidents include:
- Head injuries
- Whiplash or neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
If you sustain serious physical or emotional injuries after being hit by a distracted driver, you could find yourself struggling to pay for your medical bills and support yourself and your family. Additionally, you might not be the only person involved to sustain serious injuries. You may have had loved ones with you in your vehicle at the time of the accident. You need to seek the compensation you deserve for undergoing a physically and emotionally damaging accident.
What Should I Do After Experiencing a Car Accident in Kentucky?
- Report and Document the Vehicular Accident: If you experience a car accident, you need to report the occurrence to the police. If anyone involved in the accident sustains serious injuries or is killed, you should immediately call 911. You can also report an accident within 10 days of the occurrence in Kentucky if over $500 if your property was damaged or if anyone was injured or killed. Once you’ve reported the incident, you should attempt to obtain a police report of the accident and get photos of the scene.
- Get Medical Attention: If you or others involved in the accident experience injuries, make sure to receive on-scene care from medical professionals and seek additional medical assistance if necessary. Even if your injuries are not life-threatening, you need to seek medical advice and follow the instructions of qualified medical doctors to initiate the recovery process.
- Consider Seeking Legal Assistance: Contact an accident attorney and discuss your legal options. You can use an attorney’s services to help file multiple claims, use personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, or initiate a lawsuit if necessary. You may be able to receive compensation for your sustained injuries, vehicle damage, lost wages, and more, especially if the incident was caused by a distracted driver.
- Don’t Share Details About the Accident: Avoid sharing details of the event online and on social media. Statements that you make about the accident can be used against you in dealing with insurance or a lawsuit. You should also refer all of your questions to your attorney rather than those around you.
Working With an Attorney In a Distracted Driving Case
If you were in a car accident that was caused by a distracted driver, an attorney can help you by:
- Investigating the accident
- Discussing the accident with the police
- Tracking down witnesses
- Finding experts that can help with the case
- Facilitating meetings related to the case
- Compiling legal documents
- Help you deal with someone refusing to claim responsibility for the accident
- Settling the case or taking it to court
Expert personal injury and accident lawyers like the McCoy & Sparks team can help you receive compensation for the accident you suffered.
We help you receive damages for:
- Paying medical bills
- Any wages you lost while recovering from the accident
- Future earnings you won’t receive while in recovery
- Medical and non-medical services you’ll need in the recovery process, such as physical therapy or in-home assistance
When working with McCoy & Sparks, you can count on our expert team of legal professionals that have helped numerous clients receive the compensation they deserved for their troubles. The severity of your injuries and the circumstances of the accident will determine the amount of compensation you will receive, but you can count on McCoy & Sparks to get you the money you deserve. (I’m not trying to be difficult, but I’ve asked for this to be removed probably 10 times. Can you please screen all the forms and remove. Thanks)
Request a Free Consultation with McCoy & Sparks
If you experience a vehicular accident caused by a distracted driver, contact McCoy & Sparks for a free and confidential consultation. We’ll ask you all about the details of the accident and your situation, and we’ll help you take the next steps in receiving compensation.
With experience of 60+ years helping individuals receive compensation from insurance companies for injuries, you can count on us to deliver the best legal advice and results in your distracted driver car accident case.
We’re committed to helping you get the results you need for moving forward with your life. That’s why we’ve been recognized as one of central Kentucky’s best law firms for decades. We’re here to deliver results, and we’ve helped thousands of people just like you. We’ll work with you to develop a strategy that best suits your needs and we’ll use our expertise to get you the best results possible.
When you request a free consultation with us, we’ll do our best to get to know you and understand the circumstances of the accident and your situation. We’ll then give you a set of options for moving forward with the case as well as the pros and cons of each option so that you can make the best choice for your situation. Finally, we can negotiate a settlement or move forward with the case in court. You won’t owe us anything unless you receive compensation from the case.
NO FEE UNLESS YOU WIN