After Your Kentucky Auto Accident, We’ll Work Tirelessly to Secure the Compensation You Deserve.
Were you injured in an auto accident? Was someone you love hurt because of another driver’s negligence? Now’s the time to talk to a Kentucky car accident attorneys and explore your legal options.
Accidents happen every day on Kentucky’s roads. In a single year, more than 158,000 car accidents typically happen in our Commonwealth, with more than 700 fatalities. More than 34,000 people suffer injuries in these accidents and have to find a way to pay their medical bills, heal from their injuries, and manage the impact on their work and life.
At McCoy & Sparks, our law office has more than 60 years of combined experience representing Kentucky’s injured motor vehicle accident victims, trucking accident victims, motorcycle accident victims, wrongful death accidents and other types of personal injuries. We understand that you’re suddenly in a stressful and overwhelming situation. We will fight to ensure you receive the compensation and benefits you deserve. Let us, your Central Kentucky Car Accident Lawyers, be a calming voice that will listen to you and make sure that your needs are being cared for.
McCoy & Sparks: In Your Town and On Your Team.
- We’re conveniently located in beautiful downtown Bardstown and represent clients from all across Kentucky.
- We have the experience to handle your auto accident claim and injury claims as well as many other types of cases.
- We get results for our clients, including multiple million dollar verdicts and settlements.
- We truly care about our clients, which you can see from our many satisfied testimonials on Facebook, Google Reviews, and other review sites.
“Working with Michelle and Stacy was the easiest experience for my daughter and myself. Michelle Sparks helped me 15 years ago and still with my daughter’s injury, saved us again 15 years later. Best experience ever, then and now. Stacy is amazing … they really are on our side and happy they are in our town.” – Alana Perkins Fox
Beware of Kentucky’s Most Dangerous Roads
Big cities and big interstates have plenty of crashes, but they aren’t our state’s #1 most dangerous place for auto accidents.
The most common type of car crash in Kentucky takes place on a rural two-lane highway with no median. Our Commonwealth has thousands of these roads. Take a drive to work, a friend’s house, or the grocery store, and you’re almost guaranteed to take a state road with accident dangers.
Kentucky’s rural one-lane and two-lane non-highway roads also have very high rates of crashes. There are a variety of dangers you don’t typically find on big-city roads like deer, road debris, poor lighting, hills, and curves. One moment you’re enjoying the scenery on a Kentucky state road, and the next moment you’re in a severe auto accident.
Common Accidents We See in Kentucky
Head-on collisions are often fatal accidents due to the forces of two vehicles impacting at the front end. While only about 2% of all crashes are head-on collisions they account for 10% of all road fatalities and 13% of rural road fatalities.
Rear-end collisions happen when one car crashes into the vehicle ahead of it. It can occur at a high speed on the highway, at a low speed on a suburban road, in stopped traffic near a construction zone, in a parking lot, and plenty of other places. They often happen due to distracted driving, like looking at text messages on a cell phone.
Side-impact collisions and t-bone collisions involve an impact to the side of one vehicle, typically when the other car hits it with their front bumper. These accidents involve steep angles, which can crush a car and cause severe injuries.
A sideswipe happens at a shallow angle and involves one car sliding along the other’s side. Sideswipes cause rollovers and accidents where a vehicle leaves the roadway and impacts something nearby at a high rate of speed.
Top Causes of Kentucky Auto Accidents
The causes of auto accidents have been heavily studied for more than half a century and for decades, our attorneys have seen a wide variety of accidents with injured victims. Some of the most common causes include:
- Human driving errors
- Inexperience with driving
- Exceeding the posted speed limit
- Drunk/drugged driving
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving/multitasking
- Weather-related driving issues related to icy, foggy, and wet weather
- Carelessness and recklessness on the road
- Road rage and road racing incidents
- Debris in the road causing hazards
- Drivers’ health, mobility, and vision problems
- Improperly maintained tires, brakes, and other vehicle features
Here’s the bottom line on auto accidents: The #1 cause of car accidents is human error. This includes distracted driving, which is on the rise. The National Safety Council attributes 28% of all car accidents to distracted driving, up from 25% just a few years ago.
Drunk driving accounts for about 14% of all Kentucky car accidents. When alcohol and drugs are involved, a person’s reaction time slows and accidents tend to be much more severe with secondary factors like speeding or falling asleep.
How Does Having a Kentucky Car Accident Lawyer Help After a Car Accident?
After a car accident where someone hurts you or injures someone you love, McCoy & Sparks can help you decide what to do next. We’ll help you accomplish the many tasks that arise after a car accident, like:
- Talking to the police and other authorities
- Reconstructing your accident including when necessary the hiring of professional reconstructionist
- Identifying witnesses
- Dealing with the insurance company who do not have your best interest in mind
- Gathering your medical bills to make sure they are allocated to the best possible destination for payment – and minimizing how much, if any, you have to pay back
- Locating experts who can comment on your case
- Organizing your legal paperwork and making sure that all your available remedies are explored
- Preparing for meetings and important dates
- Maximizing the settlement of your case or, if necessary, taking your case to court
In most auto accident situations, we can help you get compensation for:
- Medical costs
- Future medical bills related to the crash
- Lost wages
- The cost of future earnings you will miss
- Services you may need, like therapy or in-home help
- Pain and suffering
What Should I Do After an Auto Accident in Kentucky?
- Report and Document the Accident: Under Kentucky law, you are required to report any accident to the police if there is property damage over $500 or anyone was injured or killed. Take this opportunity to request a police report and try to get photos of the scene as quickly as possible.
- Seek Medical Care: Accept urgent and follow-up medical care if you are injured. Follow the doctor’s instructions. Your health is the priority, so care for your injury and start the road to recovery.
- Consider Your Legal Options: No matter who is at fault, you have the legal right to see a Kentucky auto accident lawyer and talk about your legal options like filing an insurance claim, using personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, or starting investigating the legal causes. The laws can be complicated and you may be able to recover compensation for your auto damage, medical bills, lost wages, and more.
- Refrain From Sharing Details: Don’t get pulled into an argument with the other driver in the days following your accident. Refer all questions to your attorney. Also, avoid sharing details on the internet including on social media. Any statements you make could harm your case later.
What Will I Get if I Win My Auto Accident Case?
No outcome is guaranteed in your case, but at McCoy & Sparks, we have secured millions in compensation for our clients depending on the situation and the severity of the person’s injuries. You can seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and perhaps other costs too. The value of your case varies depending on a great number of factors. Let our experience guide you.
With your claim, you also get the satisfaction of holding the right person responsible for your injuries and preventing someone else from being hurt in the future. By holding a distracted driver accountable, for example, you might prevent them from killing someone in the future due to texting and driving.
You also get the resources you need to get your life back to normal. Maybe you need counseling or physical therapy to restore your mind and body. You deserve to fully recover from your injuries and reestablish some sense of peace in your life after the trauma and hassle of an auto accident.
How to Request a Free Consultation With McCoy & Sparks
After an auto accident where you were injured, please contact McCoy & Sparks for a free and confidential consultation. We’ll ask questions about your situation and help you understand what to do next. Come meet with us. We’ll try hard to make you glad that you did.
Trust us with your case. We’ll work tirelessly to get you the result you deserve.
We’re recognized as one of the area’s best law firms for over a decade and counting because McCoy & Sparks, the Kentucky Car Accident Lawyers, works to help people in trouble, representing thousands of clients in Central Kentucky with a focus on providing premium service and delivering superior results. Regardless of your situation, our goal is to develop a strategy that best serves your personal needs, drawing upon our skills to help you reach the best possible result.
Here’s how it works: We start by getting to know you and understanding the circumstances involved in your situation. Next, we will explain all your options, giving you the pros and cons of each choice so that you will be empowered to make informed decisions. Finally, we will help you negotiate a settlement or provide a strong case for you in court. You owe us nothing unless we recover compensation for you.
NO FEE UNLESS YOU WIN